What You Need
-Maribou feather boa x $8
-Craft Scissors x $1 at Dollar Tree
-Rubbing Alcohol x $1 at Dollar tree
-Old shoes with at least a 1/2 inch thick strap I purchased mine from Platos Closet for $12
What To Do
- Take the boa and measure how much maribou material you will need to cover the strap. Be sure to pull it tight to get an accurate read
- Cut the boa with an extra 1/4 inch (to leave room for error)
- Plug in hot glue gun and wait for it to heat (usually takes 5 minutes)
- While waiting for the hot glue gun to heat up, take the rubbing alcohol and wipe down the area of where the Maribou will be applied.
- Take hot glue gun and apply the glue in a zig zag motion across the strap
Pull the Maribou tight and apply the ends from left to right leaving the excess hanging on the right sidev
Let each shoe dry over night.
Trim the excess from the right side of the shoe and trim your feathers if necessary
Rock your new glam shoe!
Remember to unplug your hot glue gun (I surely did not and fortunately it ended well)
Use glue sparingly, a little goes a long way. You don't want it to dry and hang off the strap it will scratch your foot and cause the maribou to not lay correctly