Hey Glammies! Want a low fat recipe that takes minimal prep effort yet tastes amazing? This is the perfect recipe for you! This soup is hearty enough to be considered comfort food, but is guilt free at only 380 calories per bowl! Enjoy
What you need...
-1 Skinless Chicken Breast
-14oz Black Beans
-15oz Kidney Beans
-1 ear (or half frozen bag) of corn
-2 McCormick Taco Seasoning or Chipotle Taco Seasoning packs
-3 cups of lowfat/ sodium free chicken stock
How to Cook...
- Wash and cut Chicken Breast(s) into small chunks
- Wash and carefully remove the corn from the ear (if applicable)
- Dump all the ingredients into the crock pot
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours (if in a rush); Cook on low for 5 hours if not.
- Serve with garnishes such a tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, and/or jalapeno peppers.
If you prefer your soup to be more hearty, use 2 chicken breast instead of 1
If you prefer a more thinned out, brothy soup, skip the tomatoes and one choice of beans and use only half a chicken breast, *Use another half pack of seasoning to make up for the flavor.
If you are vegetarian/ vegan just skip the chicken and use veggie broth as a substitute.